Episode 15: Christmas Lights
The first Christmas lights appeared in 1882, and would forever change the scenery at Christmas time.
Christmas lights were initially available only to the wealthy. But the price fell eventually, and several innovations were introduced.
- Can’t Wait for Christmas: The podcast hosted by Tim Babb, who shared a memory in this episode
- Christmas Ornaments, Lights and Decorations: Book by George Johnson, the expert guest in this episode
Music from this episode
- Relinquish — Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
- Swing Lo — Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
- Christmas Piano Theme — PianoMusic, via SoundCloud
- Surface Tension 1 —Podington Bear, via Free Music Archive
Subscribe, Rate, Review!
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, or anywhere else you get podcasts. If you need suggestions or help with subscribing, check out the Subscribe page. And if you have a moment, please leave a rating. It helps spread the Christmas cheer to more listeners!