Roundtable — The Glo Friends Save Christmas
We’re taking a trip back to the 80s. It was a time when it was not only possible, but likely, that any popular toy would have its own line of spinoff merchandise, a breakfast cereal, and a Saturday morning cartoon. And if it was popular enough…it got a Christmas special. 1985 gave us The Glo Friends Save Christmas. A half-hour special in which the Glo Friends must save Santa Claus from the clutches of an evil witch who’s determined to stop Christmas. I recently caught up with some of my Christmas podcasting colleagues to discuss the good, the bad, and the head-scratchingly absurd about this largely forgotten cartoon special.
- There’s still time to get tickets for Christmas Land in Los Angeles on December 15. Follow on Instagram @christmaslandexperience
- A Christmas in July convention is in the works for 2020 in Nashville…and I’ll be there!
- Follow on Instagram @christmasinjulyconvention and on Twitter @AJulyChristmas
- If you leave a review I’ll send you a Christmas card containing a Christmas Past sticker. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Send your Christmas memory for the 2019 season. Record yourself on your phone’s voice recorder app and send it to email@example.com.
- The Glo Friends Save Christmas full special on YouTube
- Tinsel Tunes podcast with Duane Bailey
- Can’t Wait for Christmas podcast with Tim Babb
- Christmas Clatter podcast with Todd Killian
- Advent Calendar House podcast with Mike Westfall
Music in this episode
“Turning” — Blue Dot Sessions via Free Music Archive
Subscribe, Rate, Review!
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, or anywhere else you get podcasts. If you need suggestions or help with subscribing, check out the Subscribe page. And if you have a moment, please leave a rating. It helps spread the Christmas cheer to more listeners!