Backstory — Christmas ghost stories
Nowadays our Christmas stories are mainly warm and cozy. They’re about reunions and homecomings. Romances and magical journeys and visits from St. Nicholas. But not so very long ago, and especially for the Victorians, Christmas stories could also send chills down your spine and make you think twice about things that go bump in the night.
In this episode, professor Tara Moore tells Brian about this creepy part of Christmas history. Plus, Brian reads the ghost story, The Strange Christmas Game.
Music in this episode
- “The Snowgarden” — Blue Dot Sessions, via Free Music Archive
- “Nouvelle Noel” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “Relaxing Piano Music” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “Undercover Vampire Policeman” — Chris Zabrieski, via Free Music Archive
- “Dance for One” — Dexter Britain, via Internet Archive
Subscribe, Rate, Review!
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, or anywhere else you get podcasts. If you need suggestions or help with subscribing, check out the Subscribe page. And if you have a moment, please leave a rating. It helps spread the Christmas cheer to more listeners!