Backstory — It’s a Wonderful Life
No Christmas story starts out as a classic. And the road to classic status is often a long one filled with unexpected turns. It’s a Wonderful Life wasn’t a big success when it debuted in 1947. It wasn’t until a quirk of American copyright law gave it a second life on television in the 1970s that it earned its place as a cornerstone of Christmas cinema.
There are several variations and remakes of the movie. But my favorite isn’t a movie at all. It’s a made-for-radio version with much of the original cast. Take a listen and let me know what you think!
Have Yourself a Movie Little Christmas, by Alonso Duralde
- “Bipolar Christmas” — pftq, via SoundCloud
- “Wonder Cycle” — Chris Zabriskie, via Free Music Archive
- “Continue Life” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “Luminous Rain” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “Wish Background” — Kevin MacLeod, via Incompetech
- “It Came Upon the Midnight Clear” — Don Maue, shared directly by the artist
Subscribe, Rate, Review!
Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, or anywhere else you get podcasts. If you need suggestions or help with subscribing, check out the Subscribe page. And if you have a moment, please leave a rating. It helps spread the Christmas cheer to more listeners!